Current:Home > ContactSean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -FundTrack
Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 20:53:32
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is speaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (3)
Related
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Is tonsillitis contagious? Here’s what you need to know about this common condition.
- True Value files for bankruptcy after 75 years, selling to hardware rival Do It Best
- Former officer with East Germany’s secret police sentenced to prison for a border killing in 1974
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- 10-million-pound meat recall affects hundreds of products at Walmart, Target, Publix and more
- Green Bay Packers to release kicker Brayden Narveson, sign veteran Brandon McManus
- How long is Aidan Hutchinson out? Updated injury timeline for Lions DE
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- 4 Fall Athleisure Looks We're Loving Right Now
Ranking
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Kelly Ripa Jokes About Wanting a Gray Divorce From Mark Consuelos
- Dozens of pro-Palestinian protesters arrested outside New York Stock Exchange
- T.I. Announces Retirement From Performing
- House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw announces he will return for 2025 after injury
- Green Bay Packers to release kicker Brayden Narveson, sign veteran Brandon McManus
- Two men shot during Pennsylvania assassination attempt on Trump say Secret Service failed them
Recommendation
Average rate on 30
Wolves' Donte DiVincenzo, Knicks assistant have to be separated after game
Is Capital One Financial stock a buy before Oct. 24?
The movement to legalize psychedelics comes with high hopes, and even higher costs
Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
Ahead of the presidential election, small biz owners are growing more uncertain about the economy
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's Date Night at Yankees-Cleveland MLB Game Is a Home Run
Musk hails Starship demo as step toward 'multiplanetary' life; tests began with ugly explosion